Tuesday, April 26, 2022

My favourite kind of people


I like people
I mostly like them all
but my favourite kind
are the ones
who are a little awkward
a little messy
graceful yes,
but not brittle, like the ones who
hold a hardness in them
of being better than everyone else

the ones I love
say wrong things
stutter, stammer, fall, freeze
but they then let it all out
with a loud laugh that

seems to fountain, right
from their soul

I like mostly all people
but my favourite kind
wink at you when they are
bluffing their way out of something
but also who
when they don't know what to say
they usually don't know what to say

I like mostly all people
but my favourite kind
are found at tea stalls 
than at coffee houses
and at a humble eatery
than fancy restaurants
the real ones, the ones closer to the ground

the ones who say thank you
the ones who also unabashedly break into song
the ones who talk to children, to the trees,
who when you look at them
you feel
yes everything is alright with the world








Creative Commons License

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License In Musing Mode is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.

Free Blog Counter